Friday, July 01, 2011

Final Walk-through

When you do a construction project here in Burkina, throughout the time of the work, you pay the contractor 90% of the cost of the building. The remaining 10% is held back for one year as a guarantee for the work. If there are repairs that need to be made during the first year, the cost of these repairs are subtracted from this 10% amount.

This past week was the one-year mark on the completion of our secondary school building. We held a walk-through with the contractor and the quality control specialist and found only 2 small cracks near the roof on one end of the building. The contractor repaired these cracks and we scheduled a meeting for everyone concerned to sign papers that the work was finished.

In our construction experience here of building six buildings, I think that our school building is in the best shape of any of our buildings at this one year mark. We are thankful for the help of the Lord and for the faithfulness of our contractor and our quality control specialist. We have a building that will stand for years and years to come where our children will learn math and science and French and also that they have a Father in heaven who loves them.

No comments: